Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Poor Boy's -
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This is my version of a Brice Family, from Kansas City's BBQ treat. Best served with BBQ beans and dill's.
- 12 Rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 750g of steak mince
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 x rind of 1 lemon Grated
- 1 x finely chopped white onion
- 1 x finely chopped green pepper
- 200g brown Sugar
- KC masterpiece or Gates BBQ Sauce
- STEP 1Add all of the ingredients (minus the BBQ sauce) to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- STEP 2Mead mixture into a long tube / spiral on a chopping board - approximately 11 inches long and 3 inches wide. Cut into 6 even slices. Wrap the edge of each slice with two trips of partially cooked bacon, overlapping as needed and securing ends with wooden picks. Place on a plate and put into a freezer. When ready to BBQ they are best cooked semi defrosted / semi frozen.
- STEP 3For a charcoal grill, grill meat slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals about 20 minutes or until meat is nearly done, then brush the KC Masterpiece or Gates BBQ Sauce on 1 side flip to the heat, then cook for 5 minutes whilst putting sauce on the top side, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes. until done. For For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium, place meat slices on the grill rack over heat, cover and grill as above.