Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Potato soup (aardappelsoep)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Potato soup from left-over mash.
- 500g mash (potato puree)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 knob of butter
- 250ml stock
- 100ml whole milk
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped coursely
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Pepper Jack (cheese)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onions, chopped very finely
- STEP 1Melt a knob of butter, and saute the onion and garlic. Add the mash.
- STEP 2Slowly add the stock while stiring.
- STEP 3Stir in the milk until the preferred consistency is reached. Add the parsley (and optionally, the chives, spring onions, and the Pepper Jack).
- STEP 4Bring to a high heat, and serve piping hot!