Chicken, preserved lemon & new potato traybake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy to make tray bake with chicken and preserved lemons.
- 4 Free Range British Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Free Range British Chicken Thighs
- 200g shallots, halved and peeled
- 750g baby new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 preserved lemon, drained, skin only, finely chopped
- 300ml white wine or chicken stock
- 50g pine nuts
- 100g pack fresh basil
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place the chicken pieces in a large roasting tin with the shallots and new potatoes. Mix together well with the olive oil, garlic and preserved lemon then season. Pour over the wine or stock. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, place the pine nuts in a small roasting tin and place in the oven to toast for 4-5 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool. Place the herbs and cooled pine nuts in a food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
- STEP 3Remove the tin from the oven and discard the foil. Roast for a further 40 minutes until the chicken is golden and thoroughly cooked, there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- STEP 4Spoon the herb paste into the tin and toss well before serving. Delicious with green salad or seasonal vegetables.