Pork Steak with Clapshot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Clapshot is classic Scottish dish using swede, carrots and potatoes. This version gives you 3,5 Weightwatchers points.
- 200 gr potatoes
- 200 gr swede
- 200 gr carrots
- 1 onion
- 30 gr Philadelphia low fat soft cheese
- 4 lean pork steaks (each 150 gr)
- 1/4 pint semi skimmed milk
- 1 egg yoak
- butter can replace the soft cheese
- 3,5 points per serving (150 gr Clapshot + 1 pork steak)
- STEP 1Peel the potatoes, swede and carrots. Chop them all in equal cubes and boil separately.
- STEP 2Glaze the chopped onion till soft.
- STEP 3Preheat the oven using the grill program.
- STEP 4Drain the boiled potatoes, swede and carrots and mash. Add the glazed onions and milk and mash till desired consistency.
- STEP 5Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- STEP 6Spread the mash in an oven dish and put under the grill until lightly browned around the edges.
- STEP 7While the clapshot is under the grill, cook the pork steaks.