Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Apple and bacon chutney
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 jar
A Moorish Chutney used as a side or a accompaniment
- ½ apple, cut into cubes
- 1 plum, stone removed and chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 bacon rashers, fried until crisp and golden
- STEP 1Place all the ingredients, except the bacon, in a pan and cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes, until thickened to a syrup.
- STEP 2Place the chutney into a small bowl.
- STEP 3Cut up the bacon into small pieces and stir into the chutney just before serving.