Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vegan Mushroom Patty
- Preparation and cooking time
- chilling (10 mins)
- Makes 6 average-sized patties
These burger patties are so easy to make and at the same time so delicious! Plus, they're vegan and low in fat and calories. Each patty has 60 kcal.
- 150 gr Portabella mushrooms, washed
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp marmite
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp chickpea flour (Besan/Gram)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 4 tbsp wheat starch (or corn starch)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 176°C/350°F. Line a tray with parchment baking sheet. If you want, you can spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- STEP 2In a food processor, mix the mushrooms, onion, garlic, marmite and soy sauce until smooth. Add the spices*, salt, chickpea flour, oats and starch of choice and mix again. (*You can adjust the spices to your taste. This will make a quite spicy patty so reduce cayenne pepper to 1/2 tsp for a milder taste.)
- STEP 3When the mixture is throughly mixed and no lumps remain, chill the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes. Scoop out with a spoon and place on the lined tray, about 1 cm thick. Bake for 20 minutes at 176°C/350°F in the middle rack, flipping the patties halfway through. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.