Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Double Chocolate Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10-15 cookies
A typical American biscuit with a double chocolate flavour, these treats are sure to go down well!
- 60g butter, softened
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 100g chocolate chips
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/ Gas 4
- STEP 2Cream together the butter and sugars.
- STEP 3After creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla extract.
- STEP 4Sift in the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- STEP 5Then add the chocolate chips and place on a floured work surface.
- STEP 6Roll cookie dough into a sausage (about 1.2cm in height and width), then cut the cookie dough (about 1cm in thickness).
- STEP 7Shape dough into cookie shapes (bearing in mind that the mixture does expand in the oven)
- STEP 8Place on a greased baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes (or until the cookie starts browning).
- STEP 9Leave to cool slightly and enjoy.
- STEP 10(The cookies last for 1-4 days in a sealed container)