Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 minutes cooling time
- Makes Cookies
Chewey in the middle and crunchie round the edges, these cookies are pefect for any occasion and have a wonderful rich flavour.
- 4oz soft butter
- 2oz soft brown sugar
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 2-3tbsp golden syrup
- 100g chocolate, chopped
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- STEP 2Combine butter and sugar until smooth. Fold in flour until a dough or lumps of dough is formed. Add golden syrup and fold in evenly to form a sticky ball of dough.
- STEP 3Chop chocolate into small drops (or buy ready-made chocolate drops) and add to the dough, folding in evenly.
- STEP 4Roll mixture into small balls, smaller than a ping-pong ball, and place onto a baking tray (covered with non-stick baking paper). Leave a minimum space of two inches between each one. Place in the centre of the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- STEP 5Take out of oven and place on a cooling tray.