Easy bacon and Lentil Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A simple but delicious winter soup.
- 175g Red Lentils
- 1.7 litres Chicken Stock
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Clove
- 200g Smoked Bacon Rashers
- 400g Can Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 450g Potatoes
- STEP 1Wash the lentils and put them in a large saucepan with the stock. Add salt and pepper and the clove.
- STEP 2Roughly chop the onion, bacon and garlic and add these to the saucepan along with the tinned tomatoes.
- STEP 3Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, until the lentils are soft.
- STEP 4Peel and roughly chop the potatoes into similar sizes and add these to the saucepan. Cook for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- STEP 5Remove the clove and then blend or purée the soup until smooth.
- STEP 6Serve hot with crusty bread.