Apple Oat Biscuits
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10-12
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted, 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 3 jazz apples, 1 peeled and chopped, 2 thinly sliced, skin on
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- STEP 2Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat well. Fold through flour, oats, baking powder and chopped apple. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on the prepared baking trays. Place an apple slice on top of each biscuit, pressing down lightly. Bake for 30-35 mins, until golden. Cool on wire racks.