Best ever easy flapjack
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16 squares
A lovely recipe to bake with the children which everyone will love!
- 350g butter/margarine
- 350g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 400g oats
- 100g plain flour
- STEP 1Melt the butter, sugar & syrup together on the hob in a large pan.
- STEP 2Meanwhile pre-heat a fan oven to 150c & line a 25cm tin with baking paper.
- STEP 3When the butter mixture has completely melted turn off the heat and add flour & oats. Mix to combine and turn into the baking tin.
- STEP 4Bake in the oven for approximately 40mins for a chewy flapjack. ( longer for a slightly crunchier bake ) Remove from the oven and let stand for a while in the tin before marking into 16 squares and leaving to cool.