Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken en croûte
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Chicken en croute with sun dried tomatoes.
- 225g/8oz buffalo mozzarella, chopped
- 12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 20 sun-blush tomatoes, chopped
- 4 x chicken breasts
- 4 pieces puff pastry, 15cm/6in square, 3mm/⅛in thick
- 1 egg, beaten
- STEP 11.Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- STEP 22.Mix the mozzarella, basil and sun-blush tomatoes together in a bowl.
- STEP 33.Cut a pocket in each of the chicken breasts and stuff with the mozzarella mixture.
- STEP 44.Place a stuffed chicken breast into the middle of each square of puff pastry and roll up into parcels.
- STEP 55.Brush each parcel with the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown.