- Preparation and cooking time
- Wait at least 45 minutes for Flapjacks to cool
- Makes 9 flapjacks
A simple and easy way to make lovely flapjacks and you and add in whatever you want.
- 110g of Butter
- 40g of Sugar (Caster Sugar or any sugar is fine)
- 2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 175g of Porridge Oats
- As much as you want of extra Ingredient of your choice: Chopped Fruits, nuts, chocolate chips..ect
- STEP 1Line the bottom and sides of a square 20cm baking tin with baking parchment and preheat oven to 180 C/ Gas mark 4.
- STEP 2Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan, then with a wooden spoon stir them together on a low heat for a few minutes until melted. The sugar should be completley dissolved. If mixture starts to burn too quickly, lower your heat.
- STEP 3When melted, turn off the heat and pour your porridge oats into your pan of melted butter/sugar/ syrup mixture and stir well, next add your cherries and pecans or whatever extra ingredient you desire (marshmallows, chocolate chips, any type of nuts or fruit ect...) into your mixture then stir around until your oats and fruit/nuts/extras/ are well mixed and coated into your syrup/sugar/butter mixture. After stirring well it should have all come together to make a sticky flapjack mixture.
- STEP 4Now using a spoon, pour your flapjack mixture onto your lined baking tin, then carefully flatten down the mixture with the back of a spoon (you can also use a fork, or spatula) so your flapjack is nice and evenly spread out covering all of the bottom of your tray. Make sure you get it right into the tray corners so you get a nice square shaped flapjack.
- STEP 5When you have finished setting your flapjack into your tray, place your flapjack into the oven for 10-20 minutes. Keep checking until your flapjack is golden brown, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 45 minutes or more.
- STEP 6When moderately cool, lift flapjack from tray and remove baking parchment then using a knife cut into 9 (or how ever many pieces you want) equal square pieces
- STEP 7And there you should have your own homemade tasty and yummy flapjacks! Enjoy :)