Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cream Cheese stuffed Chicken wrapped in Parma Ham
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 stuffed chicken breasts
Simple but delicious chicken dish.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 100g cream cheese
- 4 slices of Parma Ham
- Zest of 1 lemon
- STEP 1Pre heat oven to 200°C. Cook the shallot and garlic with a little oil and pinch of salt before adding the lemon zest. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- STEP 2Add the mixed herbs to the cream cheese. Season and mix with the cooled shallot and garlic.
- STEP 3Prepare the chicken by removing the mini fillet on the underside if the breast. Cut a small pocket in the thickest part of the breast and fill with half the cream cheese mixture. Seal the breast with the mini fillet and repeat this step for the second chicken breast.
- STEP 4Lay the Parma Ham out and set the chicken on it. Wrap the Ham around the chicken as tightly as possible, securing with a cocktail stick if needed.
- STEP 5Lay the parcels on a baking sheet and cook in the pre heated oven for about 20 minutes. Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.