Chicken with Apricots
Member recipe by amp1043
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 250 ml Vegatable Stock
- 60 ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 200 ml Dry White Wine
- 100 g Organic Dried Apricots cut into quarters
- 50 g Walnuts (chopped)
- pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper, freshly grated nutmeg
- Chop the chicken breasts into small chunks, fry until cooked then set aside.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes, then add the sliced pepper for about 1 minute. Then add the orange rind and plain flour
- In a small jug, mix the orange juice and stock. GRADUALLY stir in the juice/stock mixture to the onion mixture.
- Add the apricots, chicken, walnuts and white wine. Then add salt, pepper and the grated nutmeg.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Can be served immediately or, preferebly, leave to cook and reheat later. If reheating, tranfer to a caserole and heat at 160C for 30-40 minutes. You can serve from the caserole at the table