Rustic Spaghetti Squash Medley
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This delicious vegetarian dish has less carbs and calories and is higher in nutrients then regular pasta. The mild nutty taste of squash combined with garlic, parsley, tomatoes and mushrooms create a delicious vegetarian meal. It can be served as a side with pork or chicken or as a main.
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. organic GF paprika
- ½ lb. white button mushrooms, quartered
- Pinch of organic GF cayenne (optional)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup organic parsley, chopped
- 2 organic tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- STEP 1To prepare squash, wash and pierce 4 times with a knife, place on the middle rack in the oven and bake at 375 F for 45 minutes. Then slightly cool, cut in half and remove the seeds. With a fork scoop out the spaghetti strands and set aside.
- STEP 2In a large non-stick saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic. Cook on low heat until just fragrant, increase heat to medium and add parsley and paprika, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- STEP 3Add tomatoes, mushrooms, salt and cayenne and cook for 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- STEP 4Stir in squash and lemon juice until well combined.