Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Barbecue Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 Cups
Whether you are grilling or baking in the oven, this sauce has an authentic delicious flavour and is excellent with ribs or chicken.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. organic GF dried mustard
- ½ cup water
- ¼ gluten free organic apple cider
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or demerara sugar
- 1 organic medium size yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. organic GF chili powder
- 1 tbsp. organic pure tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. organic GF tamari sauce
- 1 cup organic gluten free ketchup
- Organic GF ground black pepper to taste
- STEP 1Heat olive oil and add onions, sauté for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Add garlic, chili powder, mustard and stir.
- STEP 3Add balance of ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat
- STEP 4This sauce will keep in the refrigerator up to two weeks in an airtight container