Aval Idli / Poha Idli
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 25
A south Indian delicacy made healthy using Poha and rice
- Idli Rice : 1 cup
- Poha / Aval : 1/4 cup
- Urad dal : 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek seeds : 1/2 tsp
- STEP 1Soak idli rice and poha together for 2 hours. Wash and soak urad dal for 1 hour with fenugreek seeds.
- STEP 2Grind uradd dal seperately for 20 minutes to a smooth paste. Transfer into a bowl.
- STEP 3Grind rice and poha to a smooth batter and add it to the urad dal batter. Add required salt and mix well. Allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
- STEP 4Grease idli mould with little oil, mix the batter,pour spoonful of batter into the moulds and steam cook for 10 minutes. Take the mould out and keep aside to cool.
- STEP 5Remove the idlis from the mould and serve hot with Coconut chutney and Tomato chutney.