Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Portions
A good caramel sauce for ice-cream.
- 165ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- A large pinch of sea salt
- 90g demerara sugar
- 70g white caster sugar
- 120g butter
- STEP 1Bring the cream, vanilla and salt to the boil. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10 mins.
- STEP 2Mix the two sugars. Place a pan over a medium heat and pour in the sugar slowly until it caramelises.
- STEP 3Reduce the heat and slowly add the cream, stirring gently all the time.
- STEP 4Add the butter and stir.
- STEP 5Serve warm over ice-cream.