Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Beetroot & feta scones
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cakes
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g butter
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- pinch salt
- 100g feta
- 50ml milk
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7
- STEP 2Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- STEP 3Grate 2 of the beetroots and add to the mix with the caraway seeds and the salt.
- STEP 4Cube the remaining beetroots and the feta into approx 1cm pieces and add to the mix. Use a knife to mix well.
- STEP 5Slowly add the milk, stirring with the knife until you have a dough. You may not need all the milk; don't make it too sticky.
- STEP 6Knead the dough until pliable, and then roll out on a floured surface to 2cm thickness.
- STEP 7Use a 2cm cutter to cut out 12 rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- STEP 8Bake for 15 mins. Cool on a baking rack and eat whilst warm.