Sri Lankan curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Mild sri lankan curry
- 1/2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 tbsp madras powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tomatoes
- chicken skin on thighs (as many as you want, I used 3)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 120g/120ml light coconut milk
- STEP 1Fry the chicken just until the outside is golden. Then remove.
- STEP 2Fry onion, garlic and giner until softened. Then add curry powder (add chilli powder/cayenne pepper if want spicier curry), paprika, paprika, bay leaves. Mix and cook for a few min until fragrant. Add tomatoes and 1 tsp sugar. Mix to coat. NB you could also add other vegetables here e.g carrot, pepper e.t.c.
- STEP 3Add coconut milk, equal amount of water and vinegar. Bring to a boil and put in to a slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
- STEP 4If you don't have a slow cooker follow the same steps but add the chicken (potentially cut up in to smaller pieces) with the onions, garlic e.t.c. chicken. Cook for 10 min before adding the coconut milk and then cook for 20 min with the lid on.