- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4
Sri Lankan roti
- 195g plain flour
- sprinkle salt
- 1.5 tbsp oil (plus lots of oil to cover)
- STEP 1Mix flour, salt, oil into a large bowl, gradually mix 115ml water and combine ingredients to make a dough.
- STEP 2Knead for 10/15 min.
- STEP 3Divide the dough in to 4 equal balls. Put in bowl and submerge in oil. Leave for 7 hours ish.
- STEP 4Take the dough balls out and using the heel of your hand spread them out to be as thin as possible (holes may appear but that's fine). Put in frying pan (no oil needed). Cook for 30 seconds max each side before turning (don't want it to dry out too much).