Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Red Cabbage and Beetroot confit
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Tasty twist on normal red cabbage
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100ml red wine vinegar (or white wine and malt vinegar mix)
- 100g cranberry sauce
- 1/2 small red cabbage finely chopped
- 3 medium beetroot grated
- STEP 1Melt the margarine in a saucepan and then add the onion. Sweat until soft. Add the vinegar and cranberry sauce and bring to a simmer.
- STEP 2Add the cabbage and beetroot, stir and then cover and cook gently for 30-40 min,