Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pesto Aubergine with italian beans and veg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
light summer dinner
- 150g carrot
- red onion
- 200g passata
- 240g cannelini beans (or any other tinned beans)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato pesto
- 2 tsp oregano
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C.Finely dice the onion and carrot. To make the aubergine lasagne layers, thinly slice the aubergine lengthways (at least 6 slices).
- STEP 2Heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 3 mins, then add the carrot for 5 mins.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, place the aubergine slices on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins, turning halfway through.
- STEP 4Drain the beans and add to the pan with the onion and carrot. Add the passata, dried herbs and 1/3 of the balsamic vinegar. Season and simmer for 10 mins.
- STEP 5Spread a light layer of tomato pesto on each piece of aubergine before serving.