Peanut and Tomato stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
West African inspired vegetarian stew. I have made it with kale and green beans but it's flexible and you could add any vegetables you have/fancy.
- 1 onion
- 300ml stock
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- 25g of peanut butter
- green beans cut in to 1/3 or 1/2
- 100g kale
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 desert spoon of curry powder
- STEP 1Gently saute the onions for aprox 5min.
- STEP 2Add the ginger, garlic and curry powder. After 1 min stir in the stock, tomatoes and peanut butter.
- STEP 3Add the green beans and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 min. Then add the kale and simmer for a further 7 min.