Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes A lot of servings (almost a takeaway box full).
- Tahini paste 120g
- 1 large can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1.5 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- STEP 1Drain the chickpeas and put them in a pan of boiling water with the bicarbonate of soda. They should be covered by a few cm of water. Leave for 20 minutes. Then drain and pour cold water over.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, chop the garlic and put it in a food blender with the lemon juice and salt. Leave the mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the tahini to the above and blend until the mixture is thick and creamy. Then whilst running the food blender add in 2 tbsp of cold water.
- STEP 4Add the cumin and chickpeas. Whilst blending pour in the olive oil. Blend until smooth.