Whole Wheat & Amarnath Flour Baked Mathri
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 20 cookies
Savoury Indian Cookie made a little healthy with amarnath flour. Dried fenugreek, sesame seeds and cumin add an amazing flavor and a perfect match for your evening cuppa
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Amarnath flour/Rajgira flour
- 2-3 tbsp butter/coconut oil , @ room temperature
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tbsp Warm water
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves
- salt to taste (approximately 1/2 tsp)
- STEP 1Take both the flours in a bowl, add coconut oil/butter and rub it into the flour. Add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, pepper powder, kasuri methi and salt and mix well.
- STEP 2Now add warm water little by little and make a soft pilable dough. Divide the dough into two halves. Roll out one half into a thin circle of 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut out circles from the rolled out dough. Repeat the same with the other half of the dough.
- STEP 3Preheat the Oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with parchement or grease it with a blob of butter. Arrange the cut out cookies on the greased cookie sheet.
- STEP 4Bake for 10 minutes, flip the cookies and bake again for another 10 minutes. Take it out, let them cool on the grill completely. Store the cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature.