Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Giant chocolate chunk cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cool for 2-3 minutes
- Makes 12
Delicious, indulgent, gooey cookies. Everything you would want when making a cookie.
- 115g softened butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g chocolate chunks
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ gas mark 4. Line several large baking sheets with baking paper.
- STEP 2Place the butter and sugars in a large bowl and whisk together until pale and creamy. Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract into the mixture until smooth. Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and beat together until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- STEP 3Drop 12 large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them well apart.
- STEP 4Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until set and golden brown. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 2-3 mins, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and leave to cool completely