spicy sweet potato squash soup
Member recipe by jammycd
sweet soup with a kick at the end, layers of flavour which will warm you through like any good soup should.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 red chilli, finely sliced (depends on desired spice)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 butternut squash, cubed and cored(roughly 2cm)
- 2 sweet potato, cubed (roughly2cm)
- 15 g fresh coriander
- 1 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper (to season)
- In olive oil slowly fry chillies, onion, and garlic until soft.
- Once onions are soft add in squash and sweet potato, continue to fry on low heat for ten to twenty minutes or until softened on the outside and golden brown.
- Add in coriander let fry for 5 mins then add stock and let simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionally.
- Once squash and potato are soft cool for a few minutes then use hand blender to puree the mixture
- reheat and enjoy! garnish with some fresh coriander if desired