Creamy potato salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A creamy and delicious potato salad with a unique taste and texture.
- 1 kg Maris Piper potatoes
- 180g tub of Philadelphia/cream cheese with chives.
- 600g jar of quality mayonnaise
- a bunch (6-10) spring onion
- Teaspoon of dijon mustard (optional)
- STEP 1Heat a pan of salted water until boiling.
- STEP 2Peel the potatoes and cut into rough bite size chunks and ads to the boiling water.
- STEP 3Finely chop the spring onions .
- STEP 4Add the cream cheese, mustard and mayonnaise to a bowl and thoroughly mix, then add the chopped spring onions and give another stir.
- STEP 5When the potatoes are soft take them off the boil and strain through a sieve. Make sure they're not too soft as they'll mash as you stir them into the other ingredients. Cool the potatoes in cold water or the fridge.
- STEP 6When cooled add the potatoes to the other ingredients and gently stir in.