sweet and sticky seeds
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
a healthy alternative when your craving something sweet.
- 1 cup of mixed seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger, 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon,1/4 teaspoon apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra Light Olive Oil
- 3 tbspn dark brown sugar
- STEP 1Place the seeds onto a lined baking tray or sheet
- STEP 2Spread them out and pop them under a medium to high grill for a few minutes until lightly toasted, keep an eye them to make sure they don't burn as they will suddenly turn very quickly. Once toasted remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- STEP 3In a small bowl mix together the 2 tbspns of the dark brown sugar, apple pie spice, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- STEP 4Put the oil into a frying pan and put on a high heat. Once hot add the remaining 1 tbspn of brown sugar and the honey. Stir continuously for about 45 - 60 seconds until the sugar and honey are completely mixed and bubbling slightly then remove from the heat
- STEP 5Stir everything together in a bowl and spread out on a lined tray to cool.