Crispy Shredded Cabbage
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 6 leaves savoy cabbage, shredded/ finely sliced
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- STEP 1Heat the oil ready for deep frying (safest to use a deep fat frier).
- STEP 2Put the shredded cabbage into the oil for about 30 - 50 seconds or until crispy.
- STEP 3Remove the cabbage and drain most of the oil off, place onto kitchen paper to soak up the remaining oil.
- STEP 4Sprinkle the sugar and salt over the cabbage and if possible put it in a sealed container and give it a shake to spread it evenly.