Marinated Tuna Steak
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1-3 hours marinating
- Serves 4
Tuna steaks marinated in soy, lemon and mustard
- 4 x Tuna Steaks
- 120ml Vegetable Oil
- 80ml Soy Sauce
- 60ml Lemon Juice
- 2tsps Dijon Mustard
- 1tsp Lemon Peel
- 1 x clove Garlic
- STEP 1Prick tuna steaks all over with a fork and place in a shallow dish.
- STEP 2Mix all other ingredients together and pour over steaks. Cover and put in fridge for 1 to 3 hours.
- STEP 3Remove tuna from the marinade. Shake excess moisture from the steaks. Pre-heat oiled griddle pan.
- STEP 4Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook marinade at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 5Cook tuna on preheated griddle pan, basting with boiled marinade, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges if required and salad and/or couscous.