Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet and sour chicken/pork/prawn.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
wonderful recipe. simple and better than takeaway.please try!! i used prawn in this photo.anything you fancy with it.
- 4 chicken breasts (sliced)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 or 2 red chilli (deseeded)
- 1 large piece ginger (grated)
- 200ml tomato ketchup
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml rice vinegar
- soy sauce
- 1 orange
- 4 spring onion (sliced)
- 1 red pepper
- STEP 1add splash of oil to wok or frying pan.brown chicken and set aside.
- STEP 2mix together tomato ketchup,sugar and rice vinegar.stir well. set aside.
- STEP 3add onion/red pepper/carrot/chilli/spring onion and ginger to wok.fry gently.
- STEP 4once veg softened add sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- STEP 5once sauce has thickened add the cooked chicken and stir.
- STEP 6add the juice and zest of 1 orange and a splash of soy sauce.stir.
- STEP 7simmer for a few minutes. Serve with boiled rice for a truly great tasting dish.