Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
A fun dish for sharing.
- 2.5 kg duck
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Spring onions, cucumber and hoisin sauce to serve.
- STEP 1Remove any fat from cavity of the duck. Put the duck in a bowl. Pour boiling water over it, then remove and dry inside and out.
- STEP 2Combine the sherry, honey and soy sauce, brush over the duck. Leave to stand, uncovered and a room temperature for 4 hours or until skin is dry.
- STEP 3Pre heat fan assisted oven to 180.
- STEP 4Place duck, breast side down, on a wire rack in a roasting tin. Roast for 25 mins or until browned. Turn over and roast for a further 1 hour - 1 hour 15 mins, or until tender.
- STEP 5When the duck is cooked leave to stand for approximately 15 mins.