Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Substitute 250 gr of sliced courgette for the carrots, and 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp tomato puree for the chicken stock. Add water, stock or wine if mixture is too thick.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or duck fat
- 8 chicken thighs
- 125 g lardons
- 250 g carrots sliced
- 2 celery stocks
- 1 large onion
- 30 g flour
- 600 ml chicken stock
- Bouquet garni
- 4 potatoes in chunks
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 140 fan assisted oven.
- STEP 2Heat oil in casserole dish. Brown chicken. Set aside.
- STEP 3Add bacon, carrots, celery and onions to casserole dish. Saute for 5-10 minutes and then remove nad set aside.
- STEP 4Add flour and cook stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until smooth. Add bouquet garni and season.
- STEP 5Return the chicken, bacon and vegetables to casserole. Bring to the boil. Cover and place in oven for 1-1 1/4 hours.