Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Braised Pork with Cider and onion
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Simple recipe. Great for a winter dinner party. Serve with quinoa and steamed carrots.
- 1.5kg pork boneless pork shoulder
- 6-8 onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml of cider
- Dollop of creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp Grainy mustard
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- STEP 1Coat the casserole dish with olive oil. Put onions, crushed garlic and bay leaves in casserole dish.
- STEP 2Very generously coat all sides of pork shoulder with fresh ground pepper. Place the pork on top of onions and pour over cider. Cover. Place in oven turn to 150 degrees.
- STEP 3Cook for 3-3.5 hours turning a couple of times.
- STEP 4Once finished. Take out pork, set aside covered with foil. Add creme fraiche and mustard to make sauce.
- STEP 5Slice pork too with onion and cider sauce. Serve.