- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 20 leafs filled
A very tasty Indian vegetarian dish, that i am happy to share with everyone, I love this as a party snack, its healthy, easy to make and packed with flavour, I hope you enjoy!!
- 1 Onion, small dice
- 1/2 Bunch Coriander
- 2 Ripe Tomato's
- 2 tbsp Paste
- 1 tbsp Groundnut or Grape seed Oil
- 1.2 Kg Potatoes Diced (1cm)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh Red Chilli (de-seeded, fine chopped)
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 300g Spinach (washed, dried, chopped rough)
- 1/2 cup Natural Yoghurt
- Witlof or Baby Cos Lettuce Leafs
- 1 Lemon (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Blend together onion, tomato, coriander and rogan josh paste.
- STEP 2Par boil potato dice and leave to cool, do not run under water.
- STEP 3Fry cumin and chilli in hot oil for 10 seconds, add garlic, lightly colour, add potato and cook for 4 minutes, add tomato puree above, cook out until most of the moisture is absorbed. Add spinach and allow to wilt, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- STEP 4Serve in Witlof leafs or small cos lettuce leafs, top with your favourite natural yoghurt, DONE!