Tangy Smoked Salmon Pasta
Member recipe by jaceycarn
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Advocado (ripe)
- 200g Taramosalata
- 100g smoked salmon (trimmings are fine if you are on a budget)
- 300g fresh tagliatelle
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 lemon wedges (use your other piece of lemon)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Scoop out the advocado flesh and add to food processor.
- Add Taramosalata and lemon juice to food processor.
- Whizz together to make a creamy sauce. Add 4 or 5 twists of the pepper mill and whizz again.
- Cut smoked salmon into strips, reserve 8 strips for decoration.
- Tip your sauce into a microwave-proof bowl and stir your salmon through it.
- Place it in the microwave (800w) and set the microwave for 2 minutes but do not start.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions. When it is cooked press start on the microwave. After 2 mins stir and see if it is hot - it may need another minute.
- Drain the pasta and drizzle a little EV olive oil to help separate the pasta.
- Toss the pasta in half the sauce. Plate it and add remaining sauce on top.
- Garnish with reserved smoked salmon and a little cracked black pepper. Add extra lemon to taste.