Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- ½ x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 level tsp turmeric
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 50g wholewheat couscous
- Coriander, for garnish
- STEP 1Set the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Heat a solid-based pan and add the cumin and coriander seeds and cook for about 20-30 secs, stirring, until you can smell the seeds. Pour in the canned tomatoes and 300ml water and bring to the boil. Add the leeks, courgettes, carrots and chickpeas to the pan. Stir in the turmeric and seasoning.
- STEP 2Transfer the mixture to a tagine (or 2 individual tagines) or a covered casserole dish, and cook in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the vegetables are soft.
- STEP 3Tip the couscous into a bowl and pour over 75ml boiling water and stir well. Leave the couscous for about 5 mins, until it’s softened, stirring it occasionally. Garnish the tagine with coriander and serve with the couscous.