- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4
A good mexican recipe
- 1lbs minced beef
- half cup refried beans
- a couple of chopped green chillies (if you wish)
- half tsp dried oregano
- half tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- half tsp salt
- 4 tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheese
- STEP 1In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Stir in fried beans, green chilies, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- STEP 2Heat another skillet to medium-low heat. Brush one side of a tortilla with butter, place butter side down into the pan. Evenly sprinkle cheese over the top of the entire tortilla. On one half on top of the tortilla, add some of the meat mixture.
- STEP 3Cook until the bottom has browned and the cheese has melted. With a spatula fold the half of the tortilla without the meat mixture over the half with the meat mixture and press down. Remove from the pan.
- STEP 4Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- STEP 5Cut into wedges and serve.