Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Including cooling
- More effort
- Makes Biscuits
Layers of shortbread, strawberries and cream.
- 325g plain flour
- 200g chilled salted butter
- 125g/4ÃÂ½oz golden caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 300g fresh strawberries
Icing suger for dusting
- Icing suger for dusting
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C
- STEP 2Rub together the butter and suger until it forms fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the caster suger with a table knife until combined.
- STEP 3Squeeze together the mixture until it looks like a doughy texture. Roll out using a rolling pin use a circular cut to make the circles.
- STEP 4Place the cut outs onto a greased baking tin and but with egg to give a brown colouring. Bake untill golden brown. Meanwhile whisk the double cream with a electric mixer untill at soft peaks.
- STEP 5Take the biscuits out and leave to cool. Turn off the oven. Rinse and drain the strawberries and cut each one into thirds.
- STEP 6Layer up the shortbread followed by a layer of whipped cream, then place some strawberries on top. Then repeat this process again, with another layer of shortbread, cream, strawberries. Dust with icing suger and serve