Cod in tomato and celery sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Very healthy, quick and easy dinner.
- 300g cod fillets
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 6-8 celery sticks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- fresh or dried herbs (oregano, basil, marjoram, parsley), to taste
- chilli powder or Tabasco sauce (optional)
- STEP 1Soften chopped onion in a large frying pan. Add garlic.
- STEP 2Add chopped tomatoes and stir well. Add seasoning: Worcestershire sauce, sugar, herbs, salt, pepper. You may add chilli powder or Tabasco sauce, if you prefer your dish spicy.
- STEP 3Add chopped celery sticks and stir well. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- STEP 4Meanwhile prepare the cod fillets. Cut them into wide (5cm) strips and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place them on top of the tomato and celery sauce.
- STEP 5Cover the frying pan (you can use aluminium foil) and simmer for about 7-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- STEP 6Serve on its own, or with brown rice.