Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 50 Cake Rusk
It's Pakistani and Indian double bake cookies.
- 125 g butter
- 125 g granulated sugar (if you are in Pakistan and using plain sugar make it powder "not properly" and never use icing sugar Please)
- 3 eggs
- 125 g Plain flour (maida)
- Yellow food colour (not necessary)
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp butter separate (for greecing the tray)
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 170 C, 325 F or Gas mark 3 degrees.
- STEP 2Add baking powder in flour and mix together with spoon. Put aside for later use
- STEP 3Beat butter with beater at low speed and than add sugar and beat very well.
- STEP 4In this step you wanna add eggs, flour (already added baking powder in it) and food colour. i) Add 1 egg, mix with the beater and than add some flour and beat it. ii) Add 1 egg more and food colour, mix with the beater and than add some flour and beat it. iii) Add last or a remaining egg, mix with the beater and than add remainig flour and beat it properly.
- STEP 5Grease your cake rusk pan with butter.Pour the mixture in the pan.
- STEP 6Place pan in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes at 170 C, 325 F or Gas mark 3 degrees.
- STEP 7Between 25-30 minutes check your cake is it ready or not by inserting a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean than your cake is ready.
- STEP 8Take it out from your oven and place your cake pan on wire grill or a shelf till it cool and also cool your oven ( it's good if you open your oven door and also take it out wire rack for cool it properly).
- STEP 9Cut your cake in pieces.
- STEP 10Lay the baking sheet or butter paper on the wire rack. And put your cake pieces on it.
- STEP 11Place them in cold oven. Set your oven temperature after putting the cake pieces in oven at 150 C, 300 F or Gas mark 2 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (normally i give 20-25 minutes)
- STEP 12And if you need more crispy than invert your cake pieces after 15-18 minutes and give 15 minutes more.
- STEP 13Take it out from oven and after 5 to 10 minutes serve with tea, coffee or cold milk.