Red Cabbage Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Vegan Red cabbage soup. Healthy and delicious with a great colour!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion - Diced
- 4 stalks of celery - Thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove - Thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 Tsp black cardamom seeds - Crushed
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 medium/large potato - Peeled and cut into small cubes
- Half a red cabbage - Thinly sliced
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan on a medium/low heat.
- STEP 2Add onion, celery, garlic, fennel and cardamom seeds. Gently fry until tender, starting to yellow and you start to smell the fragrance of the seeds.
- STEP 3Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Add potatoes and red cabbage. Mix all the ingredients together and bring back to the boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, until the cabbage is tender.
- STEP 5Remove from heat and allow to cool until easy to handle. In batches add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- STEP 6Serve hot with crusty bread.