crispy cake nests
- Preparation and cooking time
- at least 2 hours in a fridge
- Makes 20 cakes
These luxurious crispy cakes are perfect at Easter or just for a treat.
- 225g chocolate
- 100g cornflakes
- mini eggs
- 20 cake cases
- STEP 1Half fill a saucepan with water, put on the heat until simmering.
- STEP 2Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl. Put the bowl over the warm water. Heat the chocolate gently. Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon
- STEP 3Arrange the cake cases on a baking tray
- STEP 4Take the chocolate of the heat when it is smooth and all melted. Stir in a third of the cornflakes and stir well.
- STEP 5Continue adding the cornflakes until it can't take anymore. Put a spoonful of mixture in each and then make a dip in the middle of each case. Put the cakes in the fridge to set. Fill the nests with the mini eggs.