- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes loads
A simple classic recipe for Anzac biscuits. So yummy the first time I made this I ate half the mix before it reached the oven.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees/160 degrees fan. Boil a kettle,
- STEP 2Combine oats, sugar, coconut & flour in a large bowl.
- STEP 3Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan.
- STEP 4In a small bowl, dissolve bicarbonate of soda in the boiled water then add to the butter mix (the hot water makes the biscuits chewier).
- STEP 5Mix the wet mix into the dry ingredients.
- STEP 6Spoon golf ball sized dollops onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment (approx 6cm apart) and bake for 15-18mins.