Spiced Courgette Chutney
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 1kg
Make it more spicy if you want by adding extra ginger or a small amount of chilli powder.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 500g tomatoes, chopped
- 500g courgettes, diced
- 300ml white wine vinegar
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 250g brown sugar
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- thumb-sized piece root ginger grated
- 4 garlic clove, crushed
- STEP 1Put all the ingredients in a large pan. Bring slowly to a simmer, stirring to stop the mixture sticking.
- STEP 2Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours until dark, thick and chutney-like.
- STEP 3Pour into sterilised jars and leave for 2-3 weeks before eating. This one is really nice;