- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick and easy for when you're rushing and strapped for cash.
- Ready-made spicy tomato sauce. (Can make your own).
- Fresh Basil
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 4 Garlic/plain pitta breads
- 8 lamb meatballs.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Small tub of natural yoghurt
- STEP 1Begin by chopping the garlic finely and adding to the sauce along with any seasoning you may prefer. Leave to one side. Chop the pitta breads into small squares and again leave to one side.
- STEP 2With a few drops of oil begin to fry the meatballs in a deep frying pan until they are colouring well and almost cooked. When this has been achieved add the sauce for the final 5 minutes.
- STEP 3When you have added the sauce pour some olive oil into a ready heated frying pan and add the pittas. You may need to do this in sections. When they are crispy and golden remove.
- STEP 4Plate the meatballs and sauce, then add the chopped pittas around the edges. Season to your desire and add the chopped basil. Serve with natural yoghurt, amount optional.