Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Posh Bailey's Chocolate Tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 1-2 hours cooling
- Serves 8
A Rich and Sophisticated Dessert for Chocolate lovers
- 400g Shortcrust Pasty
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 180ml Double Cream
- approx 20ml Bailey's liquor
- 20g white chocolate
- STEP 1Roll out the pasty until 1cm thick and line a 23cm flan tin. Blind bake in oven at gas mark 6 for 15 mins, remove beans and then return to the oven for 10 mins or until pastry is cooked.
- STEP 2Melt chocolate in microwave on high for approx 1 min 30 secs (you can also melt over boiling water) and leave to cool slightly for around 5 mintues
- STEP 3Stir in the cream. Add Bailey's to taste - it usually tastes slightly stronger when cold, so you may want to bear this in mind.
- STEP 4If mixture curdles it needs MORE cream. The mixture should be smooth and shiney.
- STEP 5Pour chocolate mix into the prepared Pasty and put in fridge for 10 mins.
- STEP 6Melt the white chocolate and, with a spoon drizzle this over the tart in arch and swirl movements. Return to the fridge until ready to serve (ideally around 1 or 2 hours). Do not leave in fridge too long, as pasty will then crack when cutting if too cold.